Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy (Late) New Year!

Happy new year, everyone. The wheel keeps on turning, and so another year has gone and passed through our lives. Never again, will we live through 2009! I think that might be a good thing.

What's new for me? Well, I'm working retail again, of course, and am slowly paying off my mound of credit card debt. It's frustrating, but hopefully it will be all gone this year.

This year I am also planning on returning to the wonderful land down under. Possibly in the next few months, even. 2010 sure does promise a few exciting things for me.




Let's get to the topic of the big R... Resolutions. Have you ever made a New Years Resolution and actually gone through with it? I don't think I have, ever. Well, last year I told myself that I would read more books. I think I made it through 3.7 novels over the year, so I guess that's a win. Kind of.

In the spirit of making promises I probably won't even keep to myself, let us continue with my resolution list.

1. The usual-choose healthier foods to eat and cut down on junk. I've actually begun this already, and I'm hoping that it lasts! I've been drinking much more water, cutting my soda down to one a day, as opposed to like 4. As for the junk food... haha. I've actually done really badly with that. I'm ordering pizza as we speak. :(
2. Be closer to the Earth... I plan on learning to garden this spring, or, this coming spring in Australia, hopefully. I want to be heaps closer to the Earth this year, as my world has been a little crazy lately...
3. Read moar! Finish The Talisman, read Cujo, and start on the Tommyknockers. At least get those down, please, future me!
4. The big E. Exercise more. Exercise = healthier = happier. So why not, eh?

I just hope that I'll remember these things, and actually have something to show for when 2011 rolls around. Or 2012. Or 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment