Friday, October 29, 2010

Weddings, Beltane, and decorating, oh my

There's us and to the left is Janina, who was our lovely celebrant.
Good news, everyone.  I got hitched! Will and I got married on the 22nd of October.  We are excited to finally have entered such a wonderful stage in our lives together.  Once we started talking to each other those three years ago, I remember distinctly thinking: This is it. He's the one. And yup. I was right. :)  I'm the happiest I've ever been.

Also good news: not too long until Will and I get to go to the US! I'm super excited to introduce him to everyone in my family stateside, as well as my friends.  He's looking forward to the trip as well - though he insists on getting the majority of the window seats on the flights...

Even more good news: Beltane is coming up (for us down under), Halloween as well, and I am super excited.  Growing up, I loved Halloween, it was my favorite holiday.  It still is.  Though now I am preparing to celebrate Beltane, a majority of my 31st will be taken up by watching some good ol' scary movies with my husband and hoping some Trick or Treaters drop by.  I even bought a little witch hat to wear, ha ha.

For Beltane I think I may encourage Will to drive us out to Wangi for a little bit of a walk in nature.  I'm not used to Aussie seasons yet, and I have to say this winter felt like an autumn or a spring to me.  I mean heck, my neighbor's flowers were blooming all winter.  But I am beginning to notice the little things - really gorgeous flowers were blooming on the side of the road today, it made me want to pull over and take a look but we needed to get to Tuggerah to get my ring resized before huge amounts of people started arriving for late shopping night.

I have been thinking about what I want to do with the spare room now. I think I want to add some colorful cloths, lots of pillows, some small tables, assemble some speakers there, and turn it into a place for relaxing and meditation.  I've been feeling the need to find a comfortable place to do that for a little while now, and Will doesn't seem opposed to the idea.  A little bit of color and rope lights would make that place so much more welcoming and comfortable.


☽☉☾

No comments:

Post a Comment