Friday, April 15, 2011

Fuzzy Socks and Chai Tea

I'm sitting here drinking chai tea and enjoying my wonderful fuzzy socks, just as the title of this entry implies.

I should be in bed. But I keep on thinking.

My visa situation is moving along.  I have booked an appointment for the required medical exam, and am almost finished getting my paperwork together for my new passport.

I keep thinking to myself about how far this has come.  I've been in the process of getting this sorted for over a year now.  There have been lots of ups and downs, lots of money being spent, and many other hoops that the husband and I have had to jump through just to gain the credibility we needed to get this far, like opening a bank account together, renting a house together, etc.

My husband is a champion.  I'm so lucky to have him, so glad that he's been right there with me every step of the way.  Things are beginning to fall into place, and he's kept strong -- and kept me strong, the whole time.


There's another thing that I've been thinking about. I've recently sent a letter to somebody I care about very deeply, addressing something that they have had a problem with for a very long time.  I haven't received a response from them at all, and I can only assume that this means they are either

  • Contemplating what I've said, or
  • Have completely ignored the letter's message
I'm really hoping that it's the former, and not the latter.  As I said, I care about this person a lot.  It's sad to see somebody you hold dear to your heart spiraling down a path that leads to the destruction of relationships, friendships, and possibly more.  Well, I suppose all you can do is try.  And I have. If they don't want to listen to what my concerns are, that's their business.  I only hope that it wasn't received as, "Oh, they're just bitching about stuff."  :/

Winter is coming.  I can feel it.  My hands are like ice cubes!  I'm glad it's not hot, but does Australia really have to be so dynamic in its weather choices?  Can't it be somewhere in the middle for once? 

Samhain is coming up once again.  It seems like just yesterday dear husband and I were contemplating the year to come... Has it really passed by that quickly? 

Well I should get off to bed.  I've been postponing this for far too long! :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment