Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ghosts?


I know it's kind of late - you all were in the mood for Halloween/Samhain a week-ish ago, but I watched An American Haunting recently, and while the movie didn't really speak of ghosts precisely, I thought I'd wonder out loud (or..in type...) about this particular topic.

I probably have mentioned ghosts before here. I can't really remember at the moment, as it's pretty late at night for me, but I'm awake enough to not be able to sleep.

I don't know about you, interwebs, but I think I believe in ghosts.  I mean, how could something so widely mentioned or experienced not be at least partly true?  There's always a possibility.

I've had a few encounters (I think) with spirits of some sort.  One time, I was driving down into town back in Washington. It was dark, yes, but I am 100% sure of what I saw.  I was at the stop light, waiting to turn left, when suddenly I felt the urge to look behind me in the rear view mirror.

The moment I did so, a figure with blue (or green?) eyes moved his gaze to look directly at mine, and did so through the mirror.  Instinctively, like every good horror movie star, I turned around and - of course - saw nothing.

But I'm certain of what I saw. I saw a man with a slightly square ish jaw line, with short hair (perhaps a military cut?) look directly into my eyes from the right back seat of my car.  Now... the car I was driving at the time had been given to me by my uncle, who had bought it from someone else.  It was well used, and the back and front ends' interior colors did not match.  It's possible that the car could have been in an accident, or something similar to that.  It was made in '89 after all, that's a lot of time to fill with owners.

The most recent encounter I can think of was here in Australia.  I didn't see this one, rather, my husband did.  One night, I got out of bed and opened the bedroom door.  I recall looking down the hallway towards the kitchen, I think it was to check if the doors were open or not, but I can't really explain why I felt the need to look in the first place.  After looking, I started to head to the bathroom across the hall.

As I reached the bathroom, I heard a few gasps come from the bedroom. I looked over, thinking dear husband was playing around, only to find out that he had seen something. When I returned to the bedroom, I sat down next to him and he told me that he had seen someone, or something, gliding behind me. It seemed to be travelling from the kitchen to the front of the house, and its path crossed mine.  He described it as a dark green figure that seemed covered in scrap cloths of some sort.

Kinda freaky, eh?  The weirdest thing was that aside from the urge to look down at the kitchen, I felt nothing. Though right now, just thinking about it, I'm getting a little freaked out.  Haha.

Anywho, tell me what your thoughts are on ghosts.  Have you seen one? What would you do if you did?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment